Howdy, Neighbor

Nice to meet you! Here's a bit about me and why I'm entering the blog world:

I'm a married lady. My husband and I met in college and dated for four years. One humid day in August of 2016, he proposed under a 100-year-old oak tree. It was magical. We tied the knot this past September at our alma mater. So we're pretty new to this whole marriage thing.

I love projects. My dad is a super handy construction guru so I was raised DIY. And of course I can't live without this little thing called Pinterest. I just love seeing things and spaces being created and transformed. I'm an all or nothing kind of gal so when I start a project I become borderline obsessed with finishing it.

Naturally, I'm obsessed with Fixer Upper. I never had cable until a few months ago. As my husband predicted, all I watch is HGTV. I caught a Fixer Upper marathon and instantly fell in love with Jo's style, Chip's ridiculousness, and their authentic, family-focused relationship. I listened to The Magnolia Story on Audible and it made me love them even more (highly recommend it!).

Last but not least: WE'RE BUYING OUR FIRST HOUSE...
 

Originally, we were going to try and buy a house before the wedding...yeeeah, no. Too much craziness. Instead, we rented the perfect apartment and hoped to find the perfect house before our lease ended.

Last month, during my compulsive daily Zillow and Refin checks, a new listing caught my eye. We stopped by the open house with our expectations set on low and surprisingly it hit everything on our checklist. To be honest, it freaked us out a little bit. But that's how we knew it was the one. After my dad's thorough inspection and stamp of approval, we decided to go for it. I have to admit the entire process has not been fun. At all. We're in the thick of closing, but we're finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I started to make of a list of all the things we need and want to do to our soon-to-be home and thought: Wowza, I am going to be posting A LOT of before and afters on Instagram. I decided maybe a little blog would be a great way to document all of our projects and stories, and share the tips and tricks we learn along the way.

I'm so excited to start this new adventure with my new husband in our new house!

Comments

Popular Posts